Monday, March 5, 2012

My Modern Mini: Tickle Tape

Wow - I love it.  I know it's nothing that hasn't been done before - it's 'just another spectrum quilt,' but I wanted to try it, and it turned out better than I had hoped.  I also had never done raw edge applique of this magnitude, and loved that too!

Basically, I just pulled fabrics from my stash, from a color wheel charm swap and from olive and ollie's scraps...  then got to cut and fussy cut to my heart's content!  My 5 year old (the model) absolutely had her heart set on a pink heart as the center motif, but i edged it in black for some well-needed contrast.  I hope that you enjoy it as much as I do!  My daughters' favorite bubbles are the elephants, chickens, owls, robot, etc!!  I used a lot of dot fabrics to echo the "bubble" motif, but they just like the fussy cut ones.  Can't wait to make them some I-spy quilts then!


Please ignore the disappearing marker that hasn't been disappeared yet.

7 comments:

  1. Beautiful! The i-spy quilts sound interesting : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute! I love the little fussy cut animals.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super cute! I had the same issue with the air soluble marker I used on my mini. No worries.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous! Love all those pretty colors!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just adore this, you did a marvelous job. I so want to make one of these someday.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my - I think I'm in love!!! What a great piece! Good luck in the challenge! :) C

    ReplyDelete