So. January's resolutions got sidetracked by the "oh gosh, let's make three quilts for my cousins' showers" thing. And that's okay by me!
Let's see how I did:
1. Finish top of schoolroom quilt - Hey. I actually did that! Of course, there were enough HSTs to make two tops, and I only made one, but I did finish a top! How did I not post a picture?
2. Make Sugar Block Club block - Again, I did that. I'm so thrilled with how it turned out - this is the year for growing in my quilting abilities. This would have scared me to death a year ago. I can't wait to see where I am at the end of the year! The February block has me breaking out into cold sweats, but one of these days, I'll have my Mister pick out some fabrics and then I'll tackle it. Here's a recycled picture of January's to show you:
3. Blog five to six finished quilts - Well, I fell down on that one. Didn't do a single one! I think I spent my blogging time highlighting the Alyssa, the Kelly and the Laura.
How about some goals for February?
1. I only have until March 1 to get the three quilts done... so that is my main goal for February. I have to finish two of them (the Alyssa and the Kelly), but I would love to get the third done as well (the Laura) so I can link it up and have another chance at one of the grand prizes for the quilt-a-long.
2. Make Sugar Block Club block. A recycled goal to be sure, but hey, I am intimidated by paper piecing! This will be my first attempt.
3. I'm shelving the "blog finished quilts" goal for a bit - there'll be plenty of blogging going on with just the works in progress! So for my third goal, it'll be to finish a project for the Modern Scrappy Bits Swap on flickr. I should get my assignment this week, so I don't know what I'll be making yet (how fun is that?). I thoroughly enjoyed the swap I did in January, and can't wait to see what I get in return. I think doing swaps will really help push me out of my "that's good enough" rut and really help me get better. I really dislike giving away handmade things that, well, look handmade. (Sorry Mom and Dad! Your quilts immediately come to mind.)
Linking up to traceyjay!