Sunday, January 27, 2013

It might be kind of late on a Sunday night...

But gosh darn it, I finished!  Sheesh - trimming 192 half square triangles kind of took all day.  I'm really looking forward to sewing again!  Although I am dangerously close to running out of white thread.  Since that's pretty much the only thread I use, I usually have plenty of it on hand...  but three quilts simultaneously is using it up faster than usual!

I am thinking about going outside my box a bit and quilting these in either a taupe or a light gray thread.  Since the majority of the quilt is going to be white, this would be really outside my comfort zone, as I don't like my free motion quilting to be a focus...  but since all the girls are really into muted color schemes, adding a bit more neutral might help.  And I don't really think I've got the time to be switching thread colors when I get to the stars!  Since the color choice for the sashing is still up in the air (I'm debating using different colors for each quilt), the thread colors will come later.

But I digress.  The point of this post is to heave a great sigh of relief that I made it before the deadline!

Want to see the only way that I'm staying organized these days?  I cut bits off the selvage of all my colors and made a chart...  It is so helpful!!




No comments:

Post a Comment