Sunday, January 6, 2013

Progress!

I am supposed to be cleaning the house - there's about 20 women coming over tonight for a party.  But oh, no, I'm sitting here in front of the computer with a baby sleeping on my chest.  I love this feeling.  So in order to make the time at least somewhat productive, I thought I'd share with you the picture of some progress that I made the other day:

After discussion with my family, we've settled on the "X Marks the Spot" plan for the quilt.  However, since I am using layer cakes for the HSTs, I had to do my own math to figure out how much fabric was necessary for the center squares.  Instead of just doing it the easy way and sewing some HSTs together and measuring the results, I tried to do the math in my head.  Heck, I didn't even write down the numbers or use a calculator.  To no one's surprise, I'm pretty sure I ordered about half of the planned center fabric that I needed.  So I will either use a bit in the middle of each square, or come up with a new plan.

So for my "Just Three," here's my progress:

1. Schoolroom quilt - waiting for more fabrics
2. Sugar Block Club - haven't started.  Waiting for more fabrics, but that's no excuse since I have enough to make the block.
3. Blog finished quilts - haven't done this yet!

No comments:

Post a Comment